7 comments


  • Greg

    Renee, thank you for being so responsive to the request to limit location information for these amazing resources. While 99% of folks treat these with the appropriate mix of love, awe, and respect, that remaining 1% act in ways that ruin the experiences of everyone else. Sadly the best protection these sites have is the difficulty in finding them.

    August 14, 2015
    • Thanks for stopping by and commenting on the post, Greg. Yes, sadly, there are too many irresponsible humans damaging these sacred places. It is discouraging. And too hard to know who can be trusted with location information. I continue to get contacted about the locales, but refer people to the Bishop Visitor’s Center and BLM.

      August 14, 2015
  • Joe

    Renee,

    Would you mind contacting me? I work at the Bishop Chamber of Commerce and would like to talk to you about your website.

    You can reach me at 760-873-8405 after 12:20 most weekdays.

    Thanks,

    Joe

    April 24, 2015
    • Hi Joe: It was a pleasure speaking with you this afternoon regarding my blog post on these wonderful petroglyphs. So sorry to hear about the latest vile act of rock art desecration. I have taken down the Google Earth screenshots as you requested, and added links to the Bishop Visitor’s Center, BLM YouTube video, and CASSP site. Hope this helps you. Thanks again and best wishes. I will be sure to stop by and visit on my next trip!

      April 24, 2015
  • Paul

    Amazing! I am taking my boys to climb mt. whitney and will search for these.

    thanks!

    Paul

    July 03, 2014
  • Excellent work, Renee. Black & White works perfectly. Congrats.

    November 15, 2013
    • Thanks for stopping by and leaving your kind words, Ram. Really happy to learn you enjoyed the black and white versions of my petroglyph images. Hope you get to visit the Volcanic Tablelands soon. The Bishop area is simply spectacular.

      December 02, 2013

Leave a comment


Name*

Email (will not be published)*

Website

Your comment*

Submit Comment

Copyright © Dandelion by Pexeto
%d bloggers like this: